Without a proper heating system, your home can be chilly all winter. To keep your house comfortable, it’s important to make sure your furnace is fully functioning before the cold weather hits. Call Aloha Heating & Cooling when you need heater maintenance, repairs, or installations in Roseville, CA. Since 1997 we’ve guaranteed 100% satisfaction to our customers.
We provide quality, trustworthy work to our clients. But don’t take our word for it - read our testimonials to hear from our customers!
How a Malfunctioning Heater Can Affect Your Home
When your heater breaks down you will likely expect to endure an uncomfortable home as you deal with an absence of heat. But a malfunctioning unit can also have a larger impact, including:
- Putting your family at risk of illness. This can be especially dangerous if there is an issue causing a carbon monoxide leak.
- Reducing your indoor air quality as the system cannot effectively remove particles from the air.
- Increasing your risk for a fire, depending on the issue with your unit.
- Running up your monthly utility bills.
Common Furnace Problems
Like all appliances, from time-to-time, your furnace will encounter problems that require professional repairs. Some of the more common issues a heating contractor may need to repair can include:
- Wear and tear caused by failing to perform regular maintenance on your unit.
- Dirty or clogged filters. These can cause your system to malfunction and result in poor indoor air quality in your home.
- Issues caused by aging. Depending on what parts need to be replaced, it can be more cost-effective to replace your unit rather than repair it.
- A malfunctioning thermostat. This can fail to heat your property to the desired temperature setting.
- Disrupted airflow. This can cause your unit to overheat.
- One of the most serious issues is a carbon monoxide leak. If you experience this you should immediately evacuate your home and seek professional help as this can cause serious health issues.
When your air conditioning unit can no longer properly cool your home, contact us to schedule services.
When to Consider Heater Replacement
When your heater is nearing the end of its lifespan, it’s important to be aware of signs that can indicate the unit needs to be replaced before it completely malfunctions. Some symptoms to watch for beyond the system’s age can include:
- It needs multiple repairs. Depending on the types of repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace the system.
- Your utility bills are increasing, signaling your unit is losing efficiency.
- The heat exchanger is cracked, which can pose the risk of a carbon monoxide leak.
- Your unit cannot properly heat your home, leaving it cooler than it should be, or resulting in hot and cold spots throughout your house.