Summer can bring high temps to California. When the heat arrives you want to know you can escape to a cool and comfortable home. To ensure your house is at an ideal temperature all summer, make sure your air conditioner is fully functioning. Call Aloha Heating & Cooling for AC repairs, installations, and tune-ups in Rocklin, CA. Since 1997 we’ve guaranteed 100% satisfaction to our customers!
Want to know why our customers have trusted us to perform their AC work since 1997? Read our testimonials to find out!
AC Not Working? Check These Common Problems Before You Call a Professional
Having your air conditioner suddenly stop working can be stressful. While your first instinct might be to call a service company to inspect the unit ASAP, we recommend first checking some common problems that might have caused your unit to malfunction:
- Is the thermostat set at the proper temperature? If your house is warmer than it should be, it could be due to someone in your family changing the thermostat setting.
- Is the thermostat in the cooling mode? If your thermostat has the ability to control both your heating and cooling systems, it’s possible the mode got switched to heating, preventing your AC unit from turning on.
- Has the filter been changed or checked recently? Your unit needs proper airflow to operate. If the filter is clogged, it can limit the airflow and prevent your system from running.
- Are the system’s doors properly closed? If the doors of the unit have become loose the safety switch might not allow the system to run.
If your system still isn’t working after checking for these issues, call Aloha Heating & Cooling to schedule an appointment with an AC contractor.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs to Be Repaired
On a hot summer day, the last thing you want to deal with is walking into a warm and sticky home when the AC fails. To avoid these unpleasant surprises, it’s important to watch for signs that can indicate your system needs to be repaired:
- The temperature of your home doesn’t match the thermostat setting.
- Warm or room-temperature air is blowing out of your vents.
- Water is pooling under your ducts or near the drain tube.
- Some areas of your home are warmer than others, signaling uneven cooling.
- There’s an increase in your monthly cooling costs.
We’ve provided our customers with honest, trustworthy services since 1997. Contact us to learn more about our services!
Symptoms That Indicate You Should Replace Your AC Unit
Like all systems in your home, your air conditioner will only last for so long. While it may have a longer life expectancy than most of your appliances, there will likely come a day when you will need to replace it. The key is to be proactive in installing a new unit and not waiting until the existing one completely fails, leaving you in a hot house. Some signs to watch for can include:
- If your air conditioner is nearing the end of its lifespan and is more than 15 years old.
- Your utility bills are increasing due to your unit losing efficiency.
- Your property is no longer reaching a desirable temperature.
- Your system needs multiple repairs that could be more costly than replacing your unit.
- There are leaks coming from the unit.
- There are strange sounds coming from the system, which could indicate a problem with the motor.
- Cold air isn’t blow out of the unit as hard as it should be.