When the summer heat hits California, you need to know your AC unit can keep your house cool and comfortable. To ensure your system works when you need it most, schedule tune-ups and routine maintenance before summer arrives. Call Aloha Heating & Cooling for repairs and replacements in Penryn, CA. We offer flat-rate pricing to our customers!
We provide reliable and trustworthy services to our customers. Read our testimonials to hear from our clients.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
When the temperatures rise, you want to know you’re not going to being stuck without a functioning air conditioner. To prevent having to endure a hot house, watch for these signs that can indicate your unit needs repairs so you can call a professional to schedule services before your unit completely malfunctions:
- Your property is not reaching the temperature set on the thermostat.
- Water is pooling under the ducts or near the drain tube.
- Your unit is cooling your property unevenly, leaving some areas warmer than others.
- Your utility bills are increasing without a change in your usage.
How Often Should You Replace Your AC Filter
To keep your air conditioner functioning properly, it’s important to replace your unit’s filter regularly. How often it needs to be changed can vary based on where you live and if you have pets. Follow these recommendations to determine when to replace your filter:
- If you don’t have pets, your filter should be replaced every six months.
- If you live in an urban area you should replace the filter every three months to account for the external air quality.
- If you have pets you may need to replace the filter every two months.
- If someone in your household suffers from pet allergies, you should replace the filter once a month.
- Plan to replace the filters more often during times of high usages, such as during the summer months.
When your air conditioner starts to malfunction, contact us to schedule repairs and replacements.
Symptoms of a Refrigerant Leak
Your air conditioner cannot adequately cool your home without the right amount of refrigerant. To ensure your refrigerant is at the right level, watch for these signs that can indicate you have a refrigerant leak:
- Loss of cooling power: If your house isn’t as cool as it should be, and your system is working too hard to try to get your home to the right temperature, it can signal a leak.
- Formation of ice or frost: Ice or frost around your evaporator coil it can be a symptom of a leak.
- Hissing sounds: Odds sounds, like hissing sounds, can signal the gas escaping from the lines.