When cold temperatures set in, you can combat the chilly weather with a properly working heating system to keep your home warm and cozy all season. Call Aloha Heating & Cooling when you need routine furnace maintenance, repairs, or replacements in Newcastle, CA. In business since 1997, we provide flat-rate pricing to our customers.
Curious as to why your Newcastle neighbors trust their heating repairs and installations to us? Read our testimonials to find out!
What to Expect During Routine Heater Maintenance
It’s recommended you schedule routine maintenance on your heater at least once a year to keep it functioning properly. When you book an appointment with a heating contractor, you can expect him or her to perform the following tasks:
- The technician will shut off the power to the unit. This is for the protection of the professional and your household.
- The contractor will check all of the inner components of the system to ensure they are working properly and are unlikely to break down in the near future.
- While the professional is inspecting the different parts of your system he or she might recommend replacing any parts that are showing signs of wear and tear.
Symptoms That Indicate Your Furnace Needs Repairs
While you might like to hope that your furnace will always perform perfectly and never need repairs, unfortunately, it may occasionally require repairs. To avoid being left in the cold it’s important to be aware of what signs to watch for that can indicate your system needs professional repairs:
- Short cycling: If your unit suddenly starts to turn off after running for less than three minutes, your system may be short cycling. This can indicate a malfunctioning heat exchanger or thermostat.
- Irregular flames: If the flames in your unit are uneven or lean towards the back of the system it could signal a dirty burner or a cracked heat exchanger. This problem should be addressed immediately, as a cracked heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Unusual sounds: If you hear odd sounds like rumbling, popping, or whistling coming from your unit, it should be inspected by a professional to determine the cause.
We offer complete heater and furnace repairs to the Newcastle area. Contact us to learn about our services.
How to Know if You Need Heater Replacement
The heater in your home may have a long life expectancy, but eventually, it will need to be replaced. Some signs that can indicate you need a new unit installed can include:
- It’s nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- It needs multiple repairs, or a major repair, like a cracked heat exchanger.
- It’s losing efficiency, causing your utility bills to increase.
- It is no longer properly heating your home, leaving hot and cold spots throughout the house.