Don’t worry about whether or not your furnace is going to function properly throughout the winter months. Instead, schedule a tune-up with a professional to ensure it’s working correctly. When you need your unit repaired, maintained, or replaced, call Aloha Heating & Cooling. We provide flat-rate pricing when you book an appointment in Loomis, CA.
We provide honest, reliable, and trustworthy services to our customers. Read our testimonials to hear from our clients!
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
Is your heater nearing the end of its lifespan? Instead of crossing your fingers that your unit survives another year, it can be more beneficial to replace the system. Some of the advantages of installing a new unit can include:
- Reduced energy bills due to a more energy-efficient unit.
- Increased climate control to make your house more comfortable.
- Improved indoor air quality.
- Peace of mind that you will not need to replace or repair the unit in the near future.
Ways to Properly Maintain Your Furnace
To ensure your furnace keeps your house warm and comfortable all winter, it’s important to keep it properly maintained. Some ways to keep it maintained include:
- Booking a yearly inspection with a professional. You should ideally schedule this for early fall – before the cold weather sets in. This allows a heating contractor to ensure your unit is working properly and to identify any issues that need to be repaired.
- Replace the filters regularly, typically at least every three months. If you have pets you may need to change them more often.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector and have it inspected by a professional during the yearly system tune-up.
- Examine the ducts to look for leaks.
- Check the blower to look for obstructions. If needed, lubricate the component.
- Inspect the inside of the unit for defects like rust, holes and separated seams.
- Clean the burners with fresh water to remove dust and debris.
- Clean the sensor and pilot with a wire brush and emery cloth.
- Check the “high limit” on the unit to prevent overheating.
- Remove obstructions from around the unit.
When you need your heating system inspected or replaced, contact us to learn about our services.
How to Make Your Furnace More Efficient
Keeping your house warm in the winter months can cause your utility bills to increase. To lower your expenses, use these tips to make your unit more efficient:
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Make sure there are no leaks in the air ducts.
- Make sure your home is insulated.
- Schedule regular maintenance with a professional.
- Change the filters regularly.
- Let the sunlight in through the windows to let more heat into your home.