In sunny California, you might not think about your heater often, but when cold temperatures move in over the winter months you want to ensure your unit is working properly to keep your home comfortable. Call Aloha Heating & Cooling to schedule heater repairs, maintenance, and tune-ups! Established in 1997, we guarantee 100% satisfaction to our customers!
Is it time to replace your aging heater? Contact us to schedule heater installation services.
Signs Your Heater Needs Repairs
Waking up in a cold house in the winter can be a miserable start to your day. To avoid chilly mornings it’s important to watch for symptoms that can indicate your heater needs repairs before it completely malfunctions. Some signs to watch for can include:
- Your property isn’t warming to the temperature set on the thermostat.
- Heat isn’t being evenly distributed throughout your home.
- There are loud noises coming from the unit.
- Your monthly utility bills are rising without an increase in your usage.
- There are leaks in your ductwork.
If you notice these symptoms, call Aloha Heating & Cooling to schedule services
What to Expect During a Routine Maintenance Visit
Experts recommend that you have your heater serviced by a professional at least once a year. During these tune-ups you can expect a heating contractor to perform the following tasks:
- The contractor will shut off the power to the unit. This is done to protect both him or herself and your household.
- He or she will examine all of the inner components of the system to make sure they are functioning as expected.
- The professional will inspect the belts and other parts and look for signs of wear and tear. If the contractor finds a part that should be replaced he or she will likely alert you to the issue and ask if you want him or her to replace the part during the inspection. This will help prevent your unit from needing repairs later.
Don’t spend money on heating your home only to have it leak through your ducts. Learn about our air duct repair services.
How a Malfunctioning Heater Can Impact Your Home
A broken heater can have a larger impact on your home than failing to keep your property warm. It can also have the following effects:
- Risk of illness for your family. A malfunctioning system - especially if there is a serious issue with your system, like a carbon monoxide leak - can put your household’s health at risk.
- Lower indoor air quality. A broken unit can fail to remove all of the particles from the air, like dust and debris.
- Risk of fire. Certain issues with your system can cause an increased risk of fire.
- Higher utility bills. If your unit is working too hard to warm your home it can cause your electric bills to increase.