You might not think about your heater during spring and summer when the weather is warm, but when the cool air arrives it’s important to make sure your unit works when you need it most. If your system is older, it’s important to replace it before it completely fails, leaving you with a chilly and uncomfortable home all winter. Call Aloha Heating & Cooling when you need heating installation and replacement services in Auburn, CA. In business since 1997, we provide flat-rate pricing to our customers!
Is your heater not quite ready to be replaced? Contact us to schedule heater repair services.
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Replaced
To ensure your home is comfortable all winter, it’s important to replace your heater when it starts to show signs that it’s failing. Some symptoms to watch for can include:
- Age. If your unit is older and is showing signs of wear and tear, it may be nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Multiple repairs. If your unit needs several repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace it rather than make the fixes.
- Higher utility bills. If your energy bills are suddenly increasing, it can mean your unit is losing efficiency.
- Cracked heat exchanger. This can be a very dangerous situation for you and your family, as this can lead to a carbon monoxide leak. If you suspect you have a crack, call a heating contractor immediately to inspect the issue.
- Uneven heating. Older units may not be able to warm your home to the desired temperature or they can create uneven heating throughout your house, leaving hot and cold spots.
If you notice these signs, call Aloha Heating & Cooling to have a new unit installed.
Advantages of Installing a New Heater
Installing a new heater gives you peace of mind that the system is unlikely to break down in the near future. It also includes other benefits, such as:
- A more energy-efficient model that can reduce your utility bills.
- Maximum climate control to create more even heating throughout your home and warm it to a desirable temperature.
- Increased indoor air quality to help your family breathe healthier air.
Does your furnace need to be replaced? Ask us about our furnace installation services.
Common Heater Problems
Having your heater go out in the middle of winter is never an ideal situation. Some common problems that might cause your unit to malfunction – and have you calling a heating contractor ASAP – can include:
- Hot and cold spots: If different areas of your home are warmer than others, it can indicate your system is unable to efficiently and evenly heat your home.
- Unexpectedly quits: If your unit frequently shuts off unexpectedly, it can signal faulty wiring, a failing pilot light for gas-powered systems, or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Takes too long to heat: If your system takes too long to warm your home, and even turning the thermostat up doesn’t help, it may signal leaky air ducts, a damaged fan motor, or an issue with the belts and bearings.