Is buying both a new air conditioner and heater not in your budget? A heat pump might be the solution. These units work to both heat and cool your home. They extract heat from the groundwater to heat your home in the winter and pump heat out of your home to keep it cool in the summer. Call Aloha Heating & Cooling to learn more about heat pump installations, replacements, and repairs in Auburn, CA.
Is your AC unit due for its annual tune-up? Call us to schedule air conditioner repair services.
Advantages of Installing a Heat Pump
One of the biggest benefits heat pumps provide is the ability to both heat and cool your home, eliminating the need for an AC unit and furnace. In addition to this advantage, it also has the following benefits:
- More energy-efficient. These units use renewable energy sources to heat and cool your home. This is better for the environment and your finances as it can result in lower utility bills.
- Potential government incentives. You could be eligible for a monetary bonus in the form of a renewable heat incentive from the government.
- Better indoor air quality. These units don’t create smoke or add fumes to the air in your home, making the air your breathe healthier. They also have filters that can remove dust, mold, and other particles from the air.
- Increased safety. These systems tend to be safer than other heating units.
- Better climate control. These systems allow you to have maximum control over the temperature in your home.
Energy-Efficient Benefits of Heat Pumps
Compared to other more traditional heating systems, heat pumps can be more energy-efficient. Some of the features that make them more efficient include:
- They can use as little as 25% of the energy traditional cooling or heating appliances use since they move heat instead of generating it.
- They use just a small amount of electricity to transfer hot and cold air.
- They enable you to easily increase or decrease the temperature of a room within a few minutes.
Not sure if your furnace will make it through winter? Contact us to learn about our furnace installation services.
Common Problems With Heat Pumps
From time to time, all heating and cooling systems need repairs, and heat pumps are no exception. Some of the more common issues you might encounter with this unit can include:
- It cycles incorrectly: If the unit turns on and off too often, it can be due to overheating. This can be caused by a malfunctioning blower or clogged filter.
- Condenser malfunctions: If the condenser unit freezes, the entire system needs to be shut off. If this happens, the unit should be inspected by a heating contractor to look for blockages.
- Blower stops working: If the air in the unit becomes too hot, the system will shut down. This can cause the blower to stop functioning properly.
- Improper installation: These units should only be installed by professionals to ensure it’s installed correctly and safely.