Is your air conditioner making strange noises? Is your unit working harder than it should be to keep your home cool in the summer months? Before you risk being stuck in an uncomfortable house, call Aloha Heating & Cooling. We offer AC maintenance, repairs, and replacements in Auburn, CA. Since 1997, we’ve guaranteed 100% satisfaction to each customer!
Is there musty air coming through your vents? Contact us to schedule evaporator coil services.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
To avoid being left without a functioning air conditioner, it’s important to watch for early signs that can indicate your unit needs professional repairs. Some signs to watch for include:
- Your home isn’t cooling to the desired temperature.
- Your unit is producing air that’s room temperature or even warm.
- There is water pooling near your unit, by the drain tube or under the ducts.
- There are hot and cold spots in your home - meaning your unit is cooling your house unevenly.
- There’s an increase in your monthly utility bills.
- Your unit is aging and nearing the end of its lifespan.
Why AC Maintenance Is Important
To ensure your air conditioner keeps your home at a comfortable temperature in the summer months, it’s important to keep it properly maintained. Scheduling a yearly tune-up with a professional can provide the following benefits:
- Keep your unit running efficiently.
- Keep your system running more economically, as it can run with less energy.
- Provide maximum climate control throughout your home.
- Ensure proper indoor air quality.
- Keep your property and household safe.
Is there frost on your evaporator coil? Schedule an appointment with us for AC refrigerant leak repair services.
What to Expect During an AC Tune-Up
While you may know it’s important to schedule yearly maintenance on your air conditioner to keep it working correctly, you might not be familiar with what AC contractors do during a tune-up. Some of the tasks can include:
- Check the refrigerant level and recharge it as needed.
- Examine the unit for leaks.
- Inspect the air ducts for debris or leaks.
- Ensure the evaporator coil is working as expected.
- Check the electric control sequence and make sure the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals.
- Examine the motors and apply oil as needed.
- Check the belts.
- Ensure all components are functioning as expected. If there are signs of wear and tear, the professional may recommend replacing them now before they fail later.