The air handler plays an important role in circulating the cooled air and regulating the temperature of your home. When it breaks down, your home may become uncomfortable. To ensure the system works properly, call Aloha Heating & Cooling for repairs and installations in Auburn, CA. In business since 1997, we guarantee 100% satisfaction to our customers!
When you have a refrigerant leak, contact us to learn about our AC refrigerant leak repair services.
Why Air Handlers Play an Important Role in Your AC System
When you think of your air conditioner system, you might not think about the air handler. However, this component plays an important role in your air conditioning system. It performs the following tasks:
- Helps regulate and circulate the airflow from the AC unit.
- Directs air through the heating and cooling systems.
- Pushes air through at pre-calculated rates, based on the system size and area that needs to be heated or cooled.
- Regulates the circulation rate.
Benefits of Timely Air Handler Replacement
To keep your air conditioning system working properly, it’s important to replace your air handler when it first starts to malfunction. Some benefits of installing a new unit can include:
- Not having to shut down your air conditioner or furnace, leaving you with an absence of cool or warm air.
- Protecting other parts of your heating or cooling system from deteriorating.
- Avoiding larger, more costly repairs that a malfunctioning air handler can cause.
- Providing better indoor air quality by properly circulating the air.
Is your air conditioner on the fritz? Contact us to schedule air conditioner repair services.
Common Problems That Can Cause Air Handlers to Malfunction
When your air handler breaks down, it can impact your entire heating and cooling system. Because of this, it’s important to get it repaired as soon as possible. Some common problems that a professional can repair can include:
- Clogged air filters. These can require your unit to work harder than it needs to.
- Cooling coils that are clogged by dirt and dust. This can cause your system to malfunction.
- Worn or faulty fan belts. These need to be replaced to ensure your system is functioning properly.
- A burnt-out blower motor. A professional can inspect the issue and make the repair.