Is your air conditioner running but your home isn’t reaching the temperature set on your thermostat? Is there a musty smell coming from your vents? These can signal an issue with your evaporator coil. Call Aloha Heating & Cooling for evaporator coil cleaning, repair, and replacement services in Auburn, CA. Since 1997, we’ve provided quality service and flat-rate pricing.
When you want an alternative to a traditional air conditioning system, call us to learn about our ductless mini split AC services.
Benefits of Timely Evaporator Coil Services
Your evaporator coil is key to keeping your air conditioner functioning and your home cool all summer. When it malfunctions it’s important to have it repaired quickly to avoid discomfort in your home. Some of the benefits of having your unit repaired by a professional as soon as possible include:
- Savings: Having an issue inspected early can allow you to repair the component instead of replacing it. You might also be able to catch the problem while the part is still under warranty.
- Comfort: Getting your unit repaired in a timely manner can help you avoid interruptions in the usage of your air conditioning system. This can allow you to keep your home cool and comfortable.
- Energy reduction: Having the unit repaired quickly can allow you to save energy. If your unit keeps running with a faulty component it can cause your system to work harder than it needs to keep your home cool.
Common Problems With Evaporator Coils
Your evaporator coil isn’t visible when you walk by your air conditioner, making it difficult to detect when there’s an issue. Some signs you can watch for that can indicate a problem that needs repairs can include:
- Refrigerant leaks: Call a professional to determine if you have a leak. He or she can repair it and add the appropriate amount of coolant.
- Unpleasant odors: A foul or musty smell in your home can be caused by bacteria and mold built up on the coil. This can be caused by moisture collecting on the component, resulting in the growth of foul-smelling bacteria.
- Frozen coils: The coils are typically around 32° F. That means if water remains on coils for too long, it can freeze. The frozen water can cause the blades to coat with ice, which can cause serious issues for the unit.
Does your aging air conditioning unit need costly repairs? Call us to learn about our AC installation and replacement services.
Maintenance Tasks to Perform on Evaporator Coils
It’s important to perform regular maintenance on your evaporator coils to keep them functioning properly. Some tasks to perform can include:
- Making sure the coils are clean and dry.
- Removing debris from the component.
- Scheduling annual services by a professional at least once a year.
- Examining the air ducts for clogs or leaks.
- Cleaning or changing the air filters regularly. This should be done at least every one to three months.
- Checking for blocked filters. These can be dangerous if they are suctioned out of position and interfere with the blower assembly.