California summers can be fun and relaxing - and they can be even better when you have a comfortable, cool, and air-conditioned house to come home to. To ensure your AC unit is running properly, call Aloha Heating & Cooling. We provide flat-rate pricing and we guarantee 100% satisfaction to our customers when you schedule an appointment with us in the Auburn, CA area.
We are proud to offer the following cooling solutions:
- Air Conditioning Repair & Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation & Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- AC Refrigerant Leak Repair
- Heat Pump Services
- Indoor Air Quality
- Air Duct Repair
- Air Cleaning & Filtration
- Whole House Fans
Does your aging air conditioner need to be replaced? Contact us to learn about our air conditioning installation services.
Signs You Need to Replace Your AC System
If you delay replacing your aging air conditioner too long, it can fail completely and leave you stuck in a hot house this summer. To avoid the discomfort, replace your unit at the first signs of a problem. Some symptoms that can signal your system needs to be replaced can include:
- Age: If your unit is older than 15 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- High utility bills: If your system is working harder than it needs to cool your home, resulting in higher utility bills.
- Less effective: Your property is no longer reaching the desired temperature or the setting on the thermostat.
- Multiple repairs. Your unit needs multiple repairs.
- Major repair: You need a major or costly repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Leaks: Your unit is leaking.
- Noises: You hear strange sounds coming from the system, which can signal an issue with your motor.
How to Save Money on Cooling Costs
Staying cool in the summer is a necessity. However, it can take a toll on your utility bills. To stay comfortable in your home and trim your electric bills, use these tips:
- Check your property’s insulation to make sure it’s keeping the cool air in and the hot air out.
- Replace the air filters at least every three months to keep the unit running efficiently.
- Schedule a tune-up with a professional at least once a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat to better control your indoor temperature.
- Reduce your thermostat by a few degrees. It will save energy, and you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- If your unit is older, replace it with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans to help circulate the air in the house.
- Close drapes on sunny days to keep the extra heat out.
Are you looking for a way to cool your property for less money? Ask us about our ductless mini split AC systems.
Common Problems With AC Units
Like all appliances, from time-to-time your air conditioner will need repairs. Some of the more common issues you will need to hire a contractor to fix include:
- There’s no cold air coming from the system. A professional can examine the unit to determine why.
- The unit is working too hard to get air flowing through your vents. This can cause your monthly utility bills to increase.
- The thermostat is malfunctioning, leaving hot and cold areas around your home.
- There’s moisture leaking around the unit. You should have a professional inspect the leak to determine if it’s water or refrigerant.
Giving an estimate to replace an old air conditioner
Repairing an ac unit on a roof.
We are doing an HVAC inspection for a home sale.
Estimate for new install of heat and air conditioning
We are doing a service repair maintenance water coming out of the secondary drain.