For allergy and asthma sufferers, even going home can cause symptoms to flare up if the indoor air contains allergens and other irritants. To reduce these symptoms - and provide other benefits like removing odors from your home - install an air cleaning system in your house. Call Aloha Heating & Cooling for air cleaning and filtration services in Auburn, CA. In business since 1997, we provide flat-rate pricing to our customers.
Is your aging heater at risk for not making it through winter? Call us to schedule heater installation services.
Benefits of Installing an Air Cleaner in Your Home
Installing an air cleaner in your home can provide benefits for both the health of your family and your home. Some advantages you may notice after installing a unit can include:
- Reduced allergens in your home, which can result in fewer allergy symptoms for your household.
- Improved overall air quality, which will help those with asthma.
- Lower humidity levels in the house.
- Overall cleaner smell in your home as these systems can remove unwanted odors.
- Reduced levels of cigarette smoke if someone in the household smokes.
- Less airborne bacteria and germs that can cause colds and flu.
Different Types of Filters Used in Air Cleaners
Air cleaners can use a variety of filters. To determine which type of filter is right for you, take a look at some of these options:
- Ionic: This type generates negative ions that capture positive ions - including dust and allergen particles. These can be one of the most cost-effective filters. These are also recommended if you have cigarette smokers in the household.
- HEPA: This was originally developed to remove radioactive dust particles from the air. It’s now used to reduce contaminants from the air in your home, such as mold, dust-mite debris, pet dander, bacteria, and pollen.
- Ultraviolet: This type destroys microorganisms. Therefore, it is best at preventing illness and disease.
- Carbon: This is the most absorbent filter. It reduces odors and fumes without releasing any of the contaminants back into the air.
Are your ducts breeding mold and other pollutants? Call us to schedule air duct repairs.
How to Properly Maintain Your Air Cleaner
To keep your air cleaner running properly it’s important to keep it maintained. Some tasks you should complete on your system to ensure it functions as expected can include:
- Vacuum it regularly to remove dust and other debris.
- Change HEPA-style filters at least every 3-6 months.
- Have your system inspected by a professional at least once a year to look for issues and perform a tune-up.
- Change the bulbs as needed in UV filters.